Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day Two

I'm feeling uncontrollably down today.   I feel too overstimulated with sensory stimuli.    The lecture workshops were good.  Don't get me wrong.   The conversations is what I'm feeling too.   It's great to be with like minded people and therapists that understand and believe in us.  I want to keep going.  I do.   But I feel too stimulated.   I feel like I'm telling my story over and over again.   Like it's squished in a book that nobody refers back to.   They all have the info in front of them, but they didn't look at it before we cane in, so I just tell it again. The smell of scent is strong and the fluorescent lights bother my head.  There isn't anyway to get out of the stimuli.  I do have a break, but where do I go?  There is not anywhere that we can go to just sit and rest during the break.  I'm not sure I can go on and continue to tell my story again and again.   The therapists look nervous when I talk to them.  I'm not sure this is right for me.

During group session we went over smart goals and what makes them attainable.  We are over achievers and want to be profectionists.   We need to make our goals smaller and more achievable.  Then we reward ourselves with the end result.  We also spoke about sleep hygiene.   Keep ourselves in routine and don't use our devises.   Easier said then done.

A group of Manatawague came yesterday.   They'll be learning with us.   Sitting in on our group sessions and then following some of us around.   I'm teamed up with a social worker.  It'll be good for her to learn all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Articles

here is a list of relevant articles which I will be updating as needed http://www.uhn.ca/corporate/News/Pages/The_role_of_anxiety_in_TBI_...