today I woke up in a sewer cranky mood. It was pouring rain and thundering out when I got up. It was dark and glumly out. I drove off, through the rain and got my parking spot that I've declared as mine. People were already waiting for group to start. I went to eat my oats in a jar and realized I had forgotten my spoon. So there I was without breakfast. First session was about relaxation techniques with the psychologists. We did the temple exercise that I've been taught in the pace-it program where you rub you thumbs against your eyebrow to relax you. We also did a mindfulness activity where we walked across a beach. They were good but in the moment. Andrew, the kinesiologist did a movement presentation on why we need to move more frequently and the stats on moving in chronic pain.
I met with the occupational therapist, Kim for my OT session. We talked about what my typical day looks like and she was concerned with the amount of things to work on. She wanted to see me at 1 for a bit. The mantatwague group was supposed to join me for that session however they ended up get called in to a mental health session instead. I had a break after the occupational therapist which was good because I needed a mental break. I then connected with a fellow participant and we chatted for a bit. I met with Stacy and two of the mantatawague people for my psychology appointment. He was good and goalsetting and just giving a brief history of me. We will talk about this again in the future. I kind of just ignore the other people in the room and just let my voice spell out in my heart say what it was feeling. I'm feeling pretty good and slightly overwhelmed giving myself out to people. It's hard to realize what my life is actually becoming. And that only four days ago I was a child protection worker and now I am Bess. I met with Kim again and she did more of it OT assessment with the Walker. It turns out that my foot is a drop foot but that it is turning outward and then I'm walking on the side of my foot which is why I'm having all of the walking difficulties. She will talk to The Physio to see what can be done. She's not sure if the Walker will help me or not because she's afraid that if I fall backwards it's going to fall on me. We'll talk more about that next week however she wants me to use it in classes tomorrow. We did a few walk around throughout the gym using it and getting a feel for it. I'm still not sure but I'll give it a try. I came home and found mark again to give them an update. DOT is essentially going to be putting a referral into my doctor to have a referral sent to neurology day program at Saint Joe's hospital immediately. She will then phone the OT at the neurology day program to get ideas of where we should start. Hopefully a plan will be put in place for next week. I feel overwhelmed that nobody knows what to do with me anymore. There's just so much going on in my brain just can't handle it. I was able to give her my psychological assessments for my learning disability that I randomly had in an email from an old professor. It just seems like a learning disability has been Expediated since the concussion. MS looks more more like a possible diagnosis and more test will be done for that. It just hurts some days.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Articles
here is a list of relevant articles which I will be updating as needed http://www.uhn.ca/corporate/News/Pages/The_role_of_anxiety_in_TBI_...
-
I love my job. My heart loves my job. Just like other large agencies, there is parts that are better than others. However most people th...
-
I went to the urologist on Friday. He stared at me with tears in his eyes. He stated that I was his very very patient and that he enjoys...
-
I am happy and content where my life it at, at the currently moment. I came to the realization a few weeks ago, that I am not like everyone...
No comments:
Post a Comment