I am happy and content where my life it at, at the currently moment. I came to the realization a few weeks ago, that I am not like everyone else. I am not like that old person that I was. My self has changed. This has been a hard lesson to learn, however, through time the process came up and this is what is showed. It's not fair but that is the way it is. I have always competed and strived for something else. I was always in the "I'm thankful for this but I'm going to challenge myself to reach further into the pot". However, this is when I became stressed and my tolerance became minimal. I stretched myself too far and too thin. My body collapsed and became nothing but a heap of health issues. I am okay with being off work. I find joy in the moment in this. I am okay with attending alpha court day programming. My brain is broken and as such, my mental capacity and cognition are impaired. Leaving me with a developmental delay. Making friends with people 'like' me will be helpful to gaining a full recovery. I am not going into it thinking that I am 'better' than everyone else. Instead I'm going into it to relax my brain, have fun and be safe in a supportive environment. I love chair yoga. I think I love it so much because it is relaxing but slow. The world talks, runs and moves too fast for me. These programs take things slowly and is geared for me. I'm signed up for the baking and healthy eating programs. I'm also planning on doing their scrapbooking class and their meditation programs as well. My OT was happy that I finally came to this conclusion.
I also received a PAL card today... Hello free stuff in Thunder Bay with a support worker!
No comments:
Post a Comment