Thursday, April 12, 2018

U turn plot twist

I went to the urologist on Friday.    He stared at me with tears in his eyes.  He stated that I was his very very patient and that he enjoys working with me.   My latest test cane back not in my favour.  Since I couldn’t feel my bladder getting full until it was very full and since I’m bladder training myself we have to be productive.  I’m going to start loosing even more sensation as the days go on.  Some people call it autonomic neuropathy.   I would need a permanent foley indwelling cathator put on me.   Ccac will be contacted and a nurse will come to put it in.   I sat there in shock.  Isn’t there any other options?  Isn’t there more time?   How about if we wait until after the surgery.  Maybe the hysterectomy will help!  Why would it help he challenged me?   I don’t know!  He shook my hand and stared that he was here if I needed him.  I went out into the hallway, seeing a line up of chairs.  The waiting room looked different.  Strangely odd, as the silence of patients grew, waiting to be seen.   Going out, talking to the secretary and then having the referral faxed ASAP to ccac.  It’s a changed world and I’m ready to conquer it with my knot the size of a baseball bat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Articles

here is a list of relevant articles which I will be updating as needed http://www.uhn.ca/corporate/News/Pages/The_role_of_anxiety_in_TBI_...