Saturday, September 9, 2017
Chronic pain
I found out just before my summer vacation down south that I was admitted into the chronic pain intensive program at Saint Joe's rehab hospital. This intensive program runs 9 o'clock to 2:00 PM Monday to Thursday. It starts September 18 and allows me to sit in on sessions both group and individual with a various therapists and specialist to develop a plan to assist me in my daily life. Although looking forward to the program I'm a bit apprehensive as well. What happens if it doesn't meet my needs. I've already been part of the piece that program and have not had much success in it. I have been discharged by therapist who should not have discharge me. Upon speaking to my social worker about this he suggested various alternatives. My physeal 30 try to get me into the intensive patient neurology program which I should qualify for. My daughter does Not think that's the right route and she due to chronic pain first. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle like a ping-pong ball waiting for another disaster to happen. My legs and arms hands and feet go to sleep so often I've been dropping things and falling numerous times. I'm scared about what the future hold and how I will adapt. My other doctor feels that I should do another chemo regime to keep my body at bay. It seemed to help last time so why not give it a try again. It's just so easy for them to say. The occupational therapist and physical therapist to work together to develop a plan on how I will succeed and keep my balance at bay. Forms will be filled out for walkers and canes and I'll Be taught how to use them properly. Part of me thinks it's just another thing in the daily routine of life and part of me thinks why me. I know I have the support and team on my side the cheerleaders cheer squads waiting to be developed. I know I hurt. I know the fight must go on. It's just how much longer can won manage this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Articles
here is a list of relevant articles which I will be updating as needed http://www.uhn.ca/corporate/News/Pages/The_role_of_anxiety_in_TBI_...
-
I love my job. My heart loves my job. Just like other large agencies, there is parts that are better than others. However most people th...
-
I went to the urologist on Friday. He stared at me with tears in his eyes. He stated that I was his very very patient and that he enjoys...
-
I am happy and content where my life it at, at the currently moment. I came to the realization a few weeks ago, that I am not like everyone...
No comments:
Post a Comment